188.8.131.52 February 28, 2022
- Fixed unnecessary displaying of fractional numbers denoting product quantities in the store backend.
- Fixed displaying of zero product quantities in the Products section.
- Fixed links to software products in the Store → Settings → PREMIUM license compatibility section.
- Fixed the “Fatal error: Uncaught DivisionByZeroError: Modulo by zero in shopDiscounts.class.php” error encountered during the editing of orders with zero product quantities.
184.108.40.206 February 17, 2022
- Fixed unintentional clearing of stock quantities for products when they are edited in the SKUs mode.
- Fixed displaying of fractional product quantities instead of integer values for PRO license users:
- in order notifications,
- on multi-step checkout pages,
- in product properties on various storefront pages.
- Improved the Store → Settings → PREMIUM license compatibility page.
220.127.116.11 February 15, 2022
- Fixed error in the update to version 9.0.0.
18.104.22.168 February 15, 2022
We have added support for fractional product quantities and customizable product quantity units! Apart from only single pieces of products, you will be able to sell products by 0.5 lb., 1.3 l, 2.7 sq. ft., packages, boxes, linear feet, dozens, hundreds, and any other quantities expressed in any units of your choice.
Important to know:
- As of this update, Shop-Script is available in two variants, or licenses—PRO and PREMIUM. Support for fractional product quantities and quantity units is available only to users of the PREMIUM license.
- For these new features to work in your store, they must be supported by the design themes and plugins installed in your store’s backend.
How to begin using the 9th version’s extended features in your online store:
- Install this update for Shop-Script as usual.
- Check up whether the installed plugins and design themes are compatible with the new features, on a special page at Store → Settings → PREMIUM license compatibility.
- Pay for the transition to the PREMIUM license in your Installer.
- Enable extended PREMIUM features in Shop-Script settings.
22.214.171.124 December 1, 2021
- New product editor tweaks:
- Improved selection and displaying of the main product image.
- Improved user interface and text hints related to the changing of product SKUs’ and their variants’ properties.
- Fixed displaying of feature values saved in SKUs’ properties in the old product editor.
- Fixed auto-opening of the new product editor from the quick search results in the Products section.
- The View in the storefront link now attempts to open a product page on the same storefront as the Open storefront button in the store’s main menu.
- Eliminated useless auto-selection of a badge during product editing.
- Fixed behavior of the Return to old editor button in some cases.
- Improved in-cart checkout page:
- Added auto-focus to the confirmation code field when a customer must confirm their contact data by means of a confirmation code from an email or SMS message. This must save shoppers’ time and increase the checkout conversion rate.
- The Select shipping button has been made disabled in the cases when a customer has entered an address for which there are no available order shipping options. Before this update, the button appeared as enabled and thus confused customers trying to understand how to complete the checkout.
- Fixed hiding of the values of features, marked as invisible in the storefront, on the products comparison page.
- Eliminated import of “0” values from empty cells of CSV files as feature values.
- Added saving of information about bulk actions in the Products section to the system Live Stream.
- Fixed displaying of product listings, related to a selected tag containing “+” characters, in the Products section.
- Improved address validation during product category settings saving.
- Improved displaying of the order-viewing page in various browsers.
- Improved support for MariaDB database server.
- Disabled deletion of the only existing product type.
- Design theme Default 3.0:
- Improved product rating submission user interface.
126.96.36.199 September 1, 2021
- Improvements of the new product editor:
- increased the number of decimal digits in product prices to 4,
- server code 302 made selected by default in the list of available options for the setup of redirects from the product page,
- other improvements of the user interface.
- Added support for 2 products comparison modes in the storefront — common products comparison and selected product variants comparison. We have described the implementation of both comparison modes in design themes in the developer documentation. The support of any of these modes is up to a design theme’s developer.
- CSV files import & export:
- Added support for 2 export modes for product information rows to a file — “default” for updating products in your store, and “SKU as product” for exporting your product catalog to external services.
- Added import and export of the storefront visibility setting for product variants.
- Fixed export from product collections generated by plugins in the Products section.
- Improved generation of product image thumbnails on the in-cart checkout page to avoid image cropping.
- Other improvements and bug fixes:
- fixed “product not found” error on order-viewing pages,
- fixed opening of a product-viewing page in the “SKUs” and “Thumbs” modes in the Products section when old product editor is used,
- fixed saving of a default currency for a newly added storefront,
- fixed visual styles of the text editor used for editing product descriptions,
- fixed adding of images to product descriptions by users with limited access rights,
- fixed generation of the HTML code for “Buy button” widgets,
- fixed use of design template files during adding of product reviews on mobile devices when a separate design theme is selected for mobile devices in storefront settings,
- fixed adding of product editing related entries to the system Live Stream during the use of the new product editor,
- fixed saving of related products settings in the old product editor,
- fixed emptying of customer properties during editing of orders,
- improved security system,
- improved support for MySQL 8.
- Design theme Default 3.0:
- Enabled common products comparison by default for the comparison page in the storefront.
188.8.131.52 July 19, 2021
- New product editor’s improvements:
- Added visual highlighting for the main product image under the “Images & videos” tab.
- More convenient adding of new features values via the product editor.
- Improved verification of specified values in product SKUs’ and variants’ properties and added an indicator of product variants not displayed in the storefront because of incorrectly saved values.
- The previously used product editor, either old or new, is remembered when a user proceeds to the editing of a product.
- Fixed saving of zero values in product features.
- Other minor improvements.
- Improved discount coupon editor:
- Added a field for a coupon info page URL. The new field’s value can be used by plugins; e.g., to export coupon-related data to marketplaces.
- Added better descriptions to coupon settings.
- Automatically remembered selection of product and SKU identification columns for the use in subsequent CSV file import sessions.
- Added setting for the “Contact customer” action allowing to select the sender name for email messages sent to customers. This should be useful for stores with multiple storefronts.
- Eliminated conflicts between shipping plugins when a customer is prompted to specify a more exact address.
- Fixed updating of the purchase price in order properties when a different product SKU is selected during the product editing.
- Fixed editing of orders when the “Shipping” block is disabled in the checkout settings.
- Fixed displaying of the name of a customer’s company from the CRM app in the customer profile in the “Customers” section.
- Improved support for PHP 8.
- For developers:
- Added general-purpose hooks controller_before.*** and controller_after.*** to connect plugins to app’s arbitrary PHP controllers.
- Design theme “Default”:
- Fixed viewing of the large product image version after an accidental pressing of the Enter button.
- Updated slider setting’s description.
- Fixed displaying of features’ group headings on the products comparison page.
184.108.40.206 June 8, 2021
- Improved product export to CSV files—a product with only 1 SKU with disabled parameter The product contains several SKUs or variants is exported in a single row with the row type product_variant.
220.127.116.11 May 27, 2021
- Minor bug fixes.
18.104.22.168 May 24, 2021
Further development of the new product editor:
- Added option to add new products. Before this update, the new editor allowed you only to modify existing products.
- Added new tab Reports → Prices, quantity & availability. You can view a compact summary of main product properties saved on other editor tabs.
- Added option to create new product features on the new editor’s tab Prices & features.
- You can upload multiple photos at once for an entire product in its individual SKU’s properties.
Enhanced CSV files import features:
- Added support for new column Row type. You can use it to specify how exactly a CSV file must be imported—either as a category, or as a product, or as an SKU, or as a product and an SKU at once.
- Added option to import feature values to be used for product variety selection in the storefront to support the corresponding setting in the new product editor.
- Added saving of import errors to a separate CSV file, which you can download and view after the import competition.
This diagnostic file contains all rows of an original CSV file which could not be imported without errors. In a special column, you can see the description of each error that had occurred during an import.
Other improvements & bug fixes:
- Fixed export to a CSV file of all products of a dynamic category which is nested in another dynamic category.
- Added displaying of the names of deleted products in the system Live Stream.
- Fixed the caption on the confirmation button when the shipping selection is disabled in the settings.
- Added caption “Select payment” to the checkout confirmation button when a customer is expected to select a payment option. It works in the same way as the “Select shipping” caption for the shipping option selection.
- Added the word “days” to the information on the order storage period, for a selected pickup point, on the checkout page.
- Fixed displaying of the tax amount, when a tax is included in the product price, in many parts of the user interface.
- The “Apply new visibility settings to all subcategories” option has been made disabled by default in the product category editing dialog. Enable it explicitly only when you need it to be applied.
- Eliminated undesirable generation of product image thumbnails with arbitrary dimensions with some image settings configurations.
- Removed displaying of deleted storefronts in the list of product categories, in the store backend, for which visibility only on selected storefronts had been selected.
- Fixed displaying of the list of Shop-Script customers, selected as newsletter recipients, in the Mailer app, when the CRM app is not installed. An update of the Mailer app is required.
- Improved support for shipping plugins providing printable forms for the order-viewing page.
- Improved support for PHP 8.
Design theme Default 2.0:
- Fixed availability of tag pages when a tag contains slashes.
- Fixed visibility of the comparison button in the list of related products to correctly match the design theme’s product comparison setting.
22.214.171.124 April 8, 2021
- Further development of the new product editor:
- We have added new editor tabs Services, Reviews, and Subpages.
- The button opening the new editor now opens for you the same tab on which you were located in the old editor.
- Faster in-cart checkout page enabling customers to fill in available fields while long requests are being made to external shipping rates calculation services.
- Added coupon search function to the Marketing → Coupons section.
- Other improvements & bug fixes:
- Fixed search errors in the Products section.
- Added option for customers to specify the address in the cases when a shipping plugin offers several shipping options for an entered address.
- Fixed viewing of discount coupons in the store backend.
- Fixed displaying of the total product quantity for virtual stock in the new product editor.
- Fixed error in the bulk product actionTemporarily remove all SKUs from sale too.
- Fixed error in the generation of SKU codes as negative numbers for product duplicates in the cases when the original product has no SKU codes filled in.
- Fixed error in applying default measurement units during the import of feature values from CSV files.
- Added auto-clearing of previously saved product codes when another product SKU is selected in the order editor — so that you have to enter a product code for every newly selected SKU.
- Fixed error in displaying customers’ names in the list of latest orders on the product-viewing page in the backend.
- Added a hint to product search fields in various places of the store backend — in the order editor, in the transfer setup dialog, and in the single product recommendations settings.
- For developers:
- Added hooks to the new product editor for plugins development:
- PHP: backend_prod, backend_presave, backend_save, backend_prod_content, backend_prod_dialog, backend_prod_layout, backend_prod_sku_fields;
- Added hooks to the new product editor for plugins development:
126.96.36.199 February 15, 2021
- Fixed saving of the “Available for purchase” value in product SKUs’ properties.
188.8.131.52 February 11, 2021
- We keep developing the new product editor:
- Added the “SEO” section for you to edit various values which can affect the search engine optimization of a product page — TITLE, META tags, and special tags for social media and messengers.
- Added the ”Related products” section. You can use it to select how recommendations should be displayed for a particular product — either as hand-picked recommended products or according to common settings for the current product’s type.
- In the section “Prices and features” we have enabled the functionality of auto-generation of product SKUs and variants from selected feature values.
- Improvements & bug fixes
- Information about the total quantity of a product on all stocks added, in parenthesis, to the selected stock’s count value displayed in the store backend. This value is displayed on the order-viewing page, for example.
- The date is written in the recipient’s language in order notification rather than in the language of a backend user who performs an action on an order.
- Fixed generation of the canonical tag value when by-page navigation is used in long product listings in the storefront.
- Fixed generation of the canonical tag value on the product category pages of storefronts set up for website aliases.
- Enabled the option to add coupons to orders — for users without access rights for the “Marketing” section.
- Added pagination for long lists of coupons in the “Marketing” section.
- Added displaying of information about performed order actions to the Webasyst Live Stream in the cases when such actions were added by a user in the store settings.
- Added microdata og:url value on info pages.
- Fixed displaying of estimated delivery time by courier when an order is added by an administrator in the backend.
- Improved message displayed for an authorized customer who has entered the contact data of another registered customer during the checkout.
- Fixed generation of product SKUs in the old product editor in the case when a product has some previously generated SKUs with the built-in “GTIN” feature’s values specified in their properties.
- Design theme “Default”
- Replaced the styled “Р” letter with the Russian ruble currency sign ₽.
- Fixed localization of text captions in product lists embedded in website pages powered by other apps.
- For developers
- Added option to modify the information about order notifications by using the events notifications_send.before, notifications_send.after, notifications_send_one.before, notifications_send_one.after in plugins.
- Added option for plugin developers to disable adding of default canonical tags to website pages.
- Added option to add custom localization to the date picking dialog used on the checkout page.
184.108.40.206 December 24, 2020
- New product editor:
- Added product image editing functions:
- rotation clockwise and counterclockwise,
- cropping of a part of an image.
- Added option to manually define the sort order of features available for customers to select product variants in the storefront.
- Product selling mode, with 1 SKU or multiple SKUs, duplicated in the “Basic data” section.
- Price input fields duplicated in the “Basic data” section if a product has only 1 SKU.
- Added option to send order notifications in the form of HTTP requests to third-party online services as an addition to email and SMS notifications.
- Added option to apply the visibility settings of a product category to all its sub-categories. This will enable you to quickly show or hide in the storefront any parent category and all its child categories.
- Added option to find products by their numeric IDs in the store backend’s “Products” section via the product search field.
- Added generation of unique product SKU codes for duplicated products. Before this update, duplicate products’ SKU codes were simply cleared.
- Added auto registration for non-registered customers when they open an order-viewing page and enter a PIN code. In this case, an email or SMS notification about a successful registration is sent to a customer.
- Improvements & bug fixes:
- Fixed text color of product links in the backend after a product visibility change.
- Fixed use of a storefront name as the order notifications sender name.
- Eliminated duplicate order numbers in the order search results in the backend.
- Improved the main stock selection interface in the storefront settings by adding a default empty item to the stock list.
- Fixed displaying of various special characters in product image descriptions.
- Fixed saving of the system 'count' value in products’ properties when the first stock is being added in the store settings.
- Design theme Default:
- Fixed minor localization defect.
220.127.116.11 November 19, 2020
- We keep working on the new product editor:
- Added one more section — “Images & videos”.
- Links to YouTube videos support URLs copied “at current time” so that the video playback starts from a certain moment.
- More feature formats support the generation of product SKUs. Not supported are only feature formats “Value x (Value x Value)” and “Range”.
- Virtual stocks have been added to the list of stock quantities of a product SKU. The quantities on virtual stocks can only be viewed and cannot be edited.
- Disabled access to the new product editor for users who do not have access to the product editing.
- Feature values from SKU variants’ properties have been added to the names of corresponding SKUs in the storefront to help online shoppers easier identify various SKU variants. This will work only if a product has been saved within the new editor. If an SKU has only one variant or if the new editor was not used, nothing will be added to SKU names.
- Added option not to capture the shipping cost during the partial capture of the order amount. To do so, disable the new checkbox in the partial capture form.
- Improvements & bug fixes:
- Fixed use of the “Additional order picking time” value during the creation and editing of orders by a store administrator.
- Restored the icons on order processing buttons.
- Eliminated the loss of image thumbnails upon enabling of the “Keep original filenames” setting.
- Eliminated loss of images in product reviews upon the re-generation of product images in image settings.
- Fixed generation of the canonical tag value with the use of by-page navigation on product category pages.
- Eliminated adding of useless leading and trailing hyphens in automatically generated URLs of products and categories.
- Fixed visual defect of the orders search bar with “Time created” sorting option selected in the “Orders” section.
- Fixed transfer of products’ stock quantities during the initial creation of multiple stocks.