Major update: Webasyst 1.4.0 with all-new Dashboard, Shop-Script 6.1.0, and Default 3.0 design themeJuly 28, 2015
We've been working hard on this update for several months, and today we are thrilled to make it finally available to everyone!
Webasyst 1.4.0: Live stream & Widgets
The key part of this update is the new Webasyst Dashboard, which automatically collects information provided by various apps installed in your Webasyst account and provides a catch-up on what was happening in your Webasyst account lately. The dashboard is available right on the main page of your Webasyst backend at yourdomain.com/webasyst/ immediately upon login.
Dashboards are personal and customizable. Every Webasyst user may customize his dashboard layout by adding his favorite widgets and following only his most used apps.
Widgets. For the very first release of the dashboard, we have prepared few widgets that will be very handy for day-to-day usage: weather, news feeds, orders and sales stats from Shop-Script 6, latest posts and comments from Blog, a slide-show from Photos.
In August–September 2015, we shall make widgets a public platform, which will allow every third-party developer to publish custom widgets on Webasyst Store. With time, this will enable Webasyst users to fill their personal dashboards with really useful content, and will make Webasyst even more integrated.
Live stream. The Live stream makes it easy to follow what's happening in your Webasyst account, i.e. track new orders, new signed up customers, new support requests, newly uploaded photos — all in one feed.
Shop-Script 6 app got a nice and useful update too:
- Social networks: Open Graph descriptions for products, categories, info pages, and storefront home page. Open Graph descriptions are used by Facebook and other social networks to provide page previews for links shared by their users.
- SMS follow-ups.
- Editable template for messages sent via "Contact customer" button; the template editor is available in Settings > Order states > Contact customer.
- New stock update setting allowing you to choose how the available maximum number of product items must be limited: either only by main stock or by the aggregate amount available on all stocks (editable in Settings > Stocks).
- Revised algorithm for generating file names of product image thumbnails, which preserves original file names for all thumbnails; the new setting is available in Settings > Product images screen.
- In Customers screen, a convenient option was added to send a message to all selected customers using the "Send newsletter in Mailer" button.
- New orders_collection hook was added to enable plugin developers to create custom order filters in store backend.
- Fast price editing option available for products with one SKU directly in product lists.
- Widgets displaying information about the last month sales, current orders report, and newly posted product reviews.
- Multiple server-side and UI improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Some changes were made to design themes. A detailed description on what was changed is available by this link: http://www.shop-script.com/help/4750/shopscript610-design-theme-changes/
All-new Default 3.0 design theme
The standard Default theme was updated to a new major version 3.0, with its appearance completely revised.
The new version has become more multipurpose and easier for customization, with much excessive code and files removed since the previous version. Special attention in Default 3.0 was paid to an easy start for new Shop-Script 6 users. We have added a handy sidebar for quick design tweaks and have made storefront homepage setup much more easy.
Check out the online demo.
How do I install these updates?
All these updates are free and are already available in the Installer app of your Webasyst backend.
The previous version of the Default theme (version 2.0) was removed from the basic installation package and is now available for free download in Webasyst Store.